Select Page

Using a nifty new 1-Ton chain hoist from Harbor Freight, hanging from the beam trolley, I was able to set the engine into place without any difficulty. In the process, I figured out the purpose for those nifty spacers that came with the frame. Thanks Jason! Unfortunately, when I first dropped it into place, I didn’t have all the right mounting hardware, so I left it hang for a few days.

I ordered and received a really good looking set of forward controls that came complete with all the front mounting hardware, and a trip to the hardware store landed all the rest. I mounted the front handlebars and the front fender just to see how things looked.

At this point I need to get serious about ordering the rest of the stuff I’ll need to keep this project moving.